Bringing fresh global produce home. As one of North America’s top fresh produce companies, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. Our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! We are looking for someone to lead the growth of our third party logistics business on the East or West Coast. This position will be based in either Newark, DE or Chino Hills, CA. Join a global team that is passionate about what they do and poised for significant growth. This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers a runway for a motivated, connected and pragmatic sales leader to build a portfolio of transport business. Reporting to the Director of Transportation, the Transportation Business Development Manager creates outside sales leads and executes on transport sales plans while maintaining a superior customer-service orientation that upholds the standards of the Oppy brand and culture.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Transportation Business Development Manager you will employ your tenacity and resourcefulness to solicit new customers and grow the company’s 3PL transport business. Additionally, your remarkable organizational skills will be in high use as you support the new accounts by coordinating the transport of products across Canada and the USA. Your commitment to unbelievable customer service and your ability to bridge positive relationships will be indispensable as you collaborate with all parties to move product. You will:
- Generate outside sales leads and revenue through independently growing existing account lines and soliciting new customers.
- Proactively maximize and manage transport volumes, revenue and margins in order to deliver optimal results.
- Create effective sales strategies by gathering market intel and capitalizing on opportunities; identifies and reports on trends in the market including pricing and innovations.
- Develop strong, lasting customer relationships by anticipating their requirements and delivering on needs in a professional and proactive manner.
- Prepare sales presentations and persuasively engage with current and prospective customers.
- Manage potential issues and conflicts; proactively and positively liaise with team members and other departments to problem solve and develop action plans to prevent reoccurring issues.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of customer data, quotes and transactions as required in company systems.
- Assist transport team members with servicing accounts as needed; maintains a positive team-oriented outlook.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
Who You Are
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically pursue new customers and business opportunities. Overcoming obstacles is your forte.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep proactively trying until you get results.
- Patient. You understand what it takes to build accounts and are willing to do what it takes to service them. You are fine with taking on all tasks, no matter how small, until the business grows enough to hire additional support.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships across departments.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- Flexible. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you.
- Experienced. Your experience in the transportation or 3PL industry is coupled ideally with a degree or diploma in business with a focus in operations, logistics or transportation.
- Tech Savvy. You know your way around MS Excel, Word and Outlook and take to new programs quickly.
Why Work for Oppy
- We are an established leader in the fresh produce industry, continuously working to improve, innovate and disrupt the norm. Oppy is a place where you are encouraged to contribute and can have a meaningful impact.
- We have a strong culture with terrific people that care about the business and each other. We want our people to grow and succeed.
- We support your professional development and health with educational reimbursement and wellness programs.
- We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes pension and benefits.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity further, please visit us at oppy.com. To apply kindly email your cover letter and resume in one document to [email protected].
We extend our sincere appreciation for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.